Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ronald McDonald walk for kids 2011



Dear future Ronald McDonald House family,


Today you are living your life but someday, all too soon, you will wake up and find your life has become a nightmare.


It there will be words like diagnosis, treatment, prognosis. There will be surgeries, or maybe chemotherapy, or even transplants to come.


There will be phrases thrown out there like..."we have every reason to be hopeful", or "we will just have to wait and see" or my favorite "we will do all we can".


I wont lie. It's going to be bad.


No forget that. It's going to be horrendous.


The worst part is it wont be happening to you. It will be happening to your child and that is a nightmare in a way that I simply don't have the words to express.


But there is a place that will help you. They will give you a place to do laundry, to eat, to sleep, support you, and most of all they allow you to stay close to your child. While it doesn't make things better it will be more a a gift than you can possibly understand. They allow you to care for your child by caring for you and this help will be priceless.


This last Sunday we, and people who love us and support us more than we deserve, helped in a small part to make this possible. I'm thrilled to say that team Mason raised over $1500.


More than anything I wish this place wasn't necessary. That there would be no more sick children but that is not within our powers so instead....


I hope that the pain is little.


I hope that your cure comes quick.

I hope that your stay is short and that soon you will be back with your healthy child surrounded by your own four walls.

and that you, like us, will always consider the Ronald McDonald House the home of your heart.

















With love the Lozanos and the most fabulous remembers of Team Mason Los Angles Ronald McDonald house Lyman place rooms #74, # 44, #69

2 comments:

Megan said... Best Blogger Tips

Yay Team Mason!!! I think it's awesome that you did this :)

To be honest, I never really thought about Ronald McDonald houses until I read your blog, and now I'm so aware of how amazing they are!

dxeechick said... Best Blogger Tips

so awesome!!