Thursday, September 22, 2011

Just breath

Sorry for the lack of post lately. We've been on vacation.

Well not really but we did get away from the hospital for a bit.

On Monday I took Pierce to Disneyland for the day while Daddy sat with you then I came and sat with you after shift change till around 10:30 at night.

We had so much fun I deiced to ask cousin Whitney if she could stay with you on Tuesday so Daddy, Pierce, and I could spend the day together at Disneyland.

Cousin Whitney was the best-est cousin ever and stayed with you the whole day from morning till around 11 at night so we could even spend the night there and play all day.

Thanks cousin Whitney!


We missed you every second we were there but it was so nice to get out of the hospital and breath some fresh air and soak in the sun for a bit (even if I did burn my scalp). It was the first time Daddy and I got to spend more than a few minuets together since you went into the hospital for your first surgery.

Don't tell him but I've missed him.



You are doing pretty well. Your feeling really good which is the best thing of all. Your playing, cooing, making spit bubbles (your new favorite pastime) and generally just being your charming self.


At first they told us you would be able to go home Wednesday or if not Thursday for sure.


When I came in Wednesday morning they were concerned about a small amount of redness they saw on your incision and wanted us to stay till Friday just to be safe.


This morning they brought up the idea of either sending you home Friday and you would be sent home on 3 IV antibiotics that I will be giving you around the clock and we would have to come back once a day M-F for about 3.5 hrs for your oxygen treatments x 6 days plus visit the heart clinic to have your wound monitored once a week.


or


Stay till Monday morning. Get all your oxygen treatments done as an inpatient (since they do them twice a day M-Sun as an inpatient) and go home Monday afternoon with the antibiotics and coming back only once a week for the wound follow up.


As much as I want to grab you and run from this place it only makes sense to stick it out a few more days and get these treatments done so we can have some semblance of a normal life.


They are going to send us home with an IV pump (and the only reason why they are going to is because I'm a nurse and they know I can do your IV's the same as they could) and we will be giving two of your antibiotics three times a day and the other one once a day.


For 3 to 6 weeks


I keep telling myself to just breath and to not get overwhelmed.


It never ends up being a hard as it seems it's going to be.


Just breath.


Whatever it takes to get you home.

5 comments:

Ketcham22 said... Best Blogger Tips

I am sorry things aren't going exactly as planned at the hospital....they never do. BUT I am so happy to hear how well Mason is doing! I can't believe how big he is getting already! And it just hit hit me that Nick is older than that! LOL hard to believe they grow up so fast but at least they are growing and thriving too, yay! Well, we are praying that you all will get to go home soon and no more complications will arise.
-Laura (Nick's mom)

dxeechick said... Best Blogger Tips

i'm so glad you guys got away. hopefully more trips to the magic kingdom are in the very near future for ALL of you.
i'm {this close} to getting my husband a passport so we should all go sometime!!!

Pudgy Pencils said... Best Blogger Tips

Does my heart good to know you, your hbby and big bro were able to get in some good family fun time! I know you all soaked in every minte! and am sooo happy to hear that mason is "his charming self" again and can't wait til that big mean scar is ALL better!! we continue to pray, and hope this is the beginning of an awesome stretch for all of you - starting with getting home!! :D

Crystal M. said... Best Blogger Tips

I am glad you were able to get out and have some time together at disney. What a great cousin to help like she did.

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

im lovin the newz