Sunday, September 18, 2011

Scars

My head looks at your chest and is grateful.

I know that if this is what it takes to keep your chest wall together and give it time to heal than this is what it take. The picture just doesn't do justice to how bad you chest really looks.

My heart is sicken.

I feel nauseous looking at it.

My baby should just get to be a baby. He shouldn't have this life where pain is just expected and his chest looks like Sylvester Stallone has been using it for a punching bag and then some mad scientist did a crazy hack job stitching it up.

We've started referring to your chest as Frankin-chest like we refer to you Aunt JJ's knee as Frankin-knee.

They tell us we will be able to get plastic surgery later to improve the look of it.

Great another surgery.


There is not much to report really. Your vital signs have remained stable and your white count is down so for now it's all about pain control and watching and waiting to see what happens.


I find myself starting intently at your scar trying to see if I see any signs of redness like we did last time.


See if there are any signs of infection


Sometimes I have to shake myself and tell myself stop looking for unwanted trouble.


But before very long I'm back at your side looking


I think this latest hospitalization has left both with scars.

5 comments:

Jessica Blackburn said... Best Blogger Tips

I don't know you but I am a praying for you and your family. God is with you and with Mason. I will continue to pray

dxeechick said... Best Blogger Tips

oh little man. that is some serious shit. yeah i said it. holy shit. i'm sorry this has been such a rough go. i hope he heals up as beautifully as he did last time and that you will get some healing time too. we are thinking of you guys constantly.

David said... Best Blogger Tips

Just a comment on scars Amy. I was just at a CHARGE event in Indianapolis, and watched two older teens with CHARGE each showing off their scars to the assembled company, accompanied by lurid descriptions of the procedures that caused them. To say that they both loved doing this would be an understatement. I can already see Mason at age 20 giving just such a demo, while you try to get him to pull his pants up and his shirt down!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Amy,

This is your ex-sister-in-law, who might be ex in law, but never ex in love.

I've been keeping track of your journey and I've been praying steadily since Day 1. I just thought I'd drop a note to let you know that I love you and that I care.

Hang in there. I know it's hard, but I believe you're able to do anything, even wait like this. I'm just going to keep praying and thinking really good thoughts.

I love you,

Cirese

Catherine L said... Best Blogger Tips

This feels like the most harrowing image I've ever seen, so utterly shocking. I just thank you for being so open today, helping us understand better what's going on, taking the time to do so. With love and healing spirit...