OK, so four post in one day are a bit much but I was reading through Ruben's blog I came across this post and snorted while reading it. Describe me much?
Since I was just battling the nurse to not give you sedation (since you weren't upset just struggling to breath) it seems very apropos.
Thank you Catherine for the late night (or is it early morning now?) laugh.
CHARGE Mother Behavioral Phenotype
1. Above average cognitive functioning, and near genius when it comes to baffling medical terminology.
2. Persistently focused on advocacy for her child.
3. Experiences little need to be socially appropriate when facing difficult professionals.
4. Repeats things over and over because the professionals need extra reminders.
5. May experience sensory meltdowns after school meetings and medical appointments.
6. When confronted with difficult professionals may lose behavioral control.
7. Professionals may have a hard time getting them off track and shifting their attention to irrelevant perspectives.
Timothy S. Hartshorne, Professor of Psychology
2 weeks ago