Our insurance company that approved our transfer to Loma Linda is now denying it. The are now saying you will have to be discharged home before your care can be transferred to LL.
Your Dad is on the phone with our insurance but of course it's after closing time and there is not much we can do tonight. We are still going to fight for the transfer but it's for sure not going to happen today.
We've also lost our spot on the waiting list at Loma Linda too so now even if we get the approval back tomorrow we will have to wait our turn for a bed again. Who knows how much longer that will take.
I can't pretend that I'm not devastated and I'm starting to feel desperate.
Your Dad is running out of leave from work and will have to go back in a couple of days. We are close to our max stay at the Ronald McDonald house (we can get back in after we are gone for two days).
If we can't get to LL then I will have to stay here without your Dad. I can't imagine how I'm going to do it all by myself. But we will figure it out.
Now another night away from your brother.
Never in my life did I ever imagine I would cry in public so much. Thank God for big black sunglasses.
Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer
I know tomorrow gonna be a better day. Today just sucks.
I held you for two and a half hours today while you slept.
You are so beautiful.
2 weeks ago